Lahore (Web Desk): No matter how hard we try, weight gain and energy depletion are often inevitable. But we can tell you the easiest way to reduce weight. The only thing you need to do is just hit the pause button and set aside five days to help heal your digestive system. It could be one of the initial and effective steps towards weight reduction.
Here are a few steps you can take to reset your digestion:
1. Start each day by drinking warm water with lemon, it stimulates liver function and will kick-start your digestion.
2. Do a few miniature fasts on irregular basis. Intermittent fasting can give your overworked digestive system a rest and can cleanse the liver, boost immunity, and gradually reduce inflammation.
3. Slow down the holiday party momentum and treat yourself to a few nights in for self-care like take baths, read a romantic novel, do restorative yoga, or treat yourself to a presumably much-needed massage.
4. Put down the cocktails and pick up herbal tea that contains ginger and dandelion having the added benefit of supporting your digestion while flushing out toxins.
5. Eating foods that are high in fiber helps keep your digestion regular. Regular bowel movements are an important component to help toxins elimination.
6. Avoid sugar, alcohol, red meat, processed foods, and bread. These foods are common causes of inflammation so you may have it but once a week. You may be surprised at how flat your tummy will remain, which will make you feel great.
7. Exercise helps stimulate digestion and mental clarity even light yoga or a brisk walk around the block will help revive your digestive system.
8. Fast foods may contain hidden calories in meals prepared by restaurants. So, cook food at home gives you control over ingredients, calories, and portion sizes.
9. Meditation (focus one's mind for a period of time, as a method of relaxation.) is a gentle, effective way to cleanse your mind and body. Meditation can also help curb food cravings, put you in touch with how your body is feeling, and ground you in new, healthier habits. Try meditating for 10 to 20 minutes each day.