Lahore (Staff Report): Habitual coffee consumers always want to know the health benefits of coffee as some people consider it unhealthy and addictive. But the healthy benefits of coffee outweigh all the negatives elements of the beverage.
Some unique benefits of coffee that will make you consume it more this winter are:
1. Good for heart: It strengthens heart by protecting it against arterial damage that is the result of inflammation. A Dutch study claimed that a normal coffee drinker who consumes two to four cups of coffee in a day have a 20 percent lower risk of heart disease as compared to the non drinkers.
2. Contain Anticancer elements: Health experts have also said that coffee can counter cancerous cell that means it can protect people from certain cancers by enhancing DNA repair. Chemical compounds including antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds of coffee can reduce the damaging process of inflammation. The coffee bean roasting process makes highly active antioxidants that can act as an anticancer compound. Espresso is more active in that regard.
3. Best memory booster: The caffeine present in coffee provides you short term memory boost. According to health experts, caffeine affects the area of brain particularly responsible for memory and concentration, it brings the lost focus and refreshes your brain memory.
4. Treat Depression: A recent research claimed that caffeine present in coffee activates neurotransmitters including dopamine and serotonin in brain that are known for controlling mood that helps in lowering the risk of depression.
According to a Finnish study, consumption of seven or less cups of coffee in a day also decreases the risk of suicide.
5. Restrain liver cancer: Coffee lowers the risk of liver cancer and liver damage, experts said. Coffee consumption decreases the chance of cirrhosis that is a advanced liver disease in which the liver stop functioning. The new evidences found in a study tell that each cup of coffee reduces 20 percent risk of cirrhosis because there is an inverse relationship between coffee drinking and blood vessels of liver enzymes.