Islamabad (Staff Report): The Pakistan Army withdrew its earlier statement rejecting a notification from Prime Minister’s Office on Dawn Leaks on Wednesday, statement issued by Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).

ISPR said, “The tweet on April 29, 2017 was not aimed at any government office or person. Recommendations as contained in para 18 of the inquiry committee report, duly approved by the Prime Minister, have been implemented, which has settled the Dawn leaks issue.”

The statement added, “Accordingly, ISPR’s said Twitter post stands withdrawn and has become infructuous. Pakistan Army reiterates its firm commitment and continued resolve to uphold the constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and support the democratic process.”

The Pakistan Army , on April 29 rejected an ‘incomplete’ notification from Prime Minister’s Office on Dawn Leaks . The notification on Dawn Leaks is incomplete and not in line with recommendations by the inquiry board, DG ISPR Major General Asif Ghafoor wrote on microblogging site Twitter.

The tweet came minutes after the Prime Minister’s Office said that Nawaz Sharif had accepted the inquiry committee’s recommendations. There was no immediate reaction from the Prime Minister House over the rejection of its notification .

Almeida had reported in the controversial story attributed to unnamed sources, that in the Oct 3, 2016 high-level meeting on national security, the civilian leaders had spoken about the ‘growing diplomatic isolation’ of Pakistan for lack of action against some militant groups. The ISI chief reportedly was present in the meeting attended by a number of functionaries, including Premier Nawaz Sharif and his brother Shehbaz Sharif.

A storm had been whipped up after the news report and while the federal government had repeatedly denied it as ‘fabricated and planted’, the military brass had called it a breach of trust on national security.