Rawalpindi: A major reshuffle has been announced in Pakistan Army as Lieutenant General Naveed Mukhtar appointed as Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) Director General replacing Lt. Gen Rizwan Akhtar.
According to the ISPR list, following changes have been made:
1. Lt Gen Bilal Akbar has been appointed Chief of General Staff.
2. Lt Gen Rizwan Akhtar presently DG ISI has been appointed President NDU.
3. Lt Gen Nazir Butt presently President NDU has been appointed Corps Commander Peshawar (11Corps).
4. Lt Gen Hidayat ur Rehman, presently Corps Commander Peshawar has been appointed Inspector General Training and Evaluation (IGT&E) at GHQ.
5. Lt Gen Asim Salim Bajwa, presently DG ISPR has been appointed Inspector General Arms (IG Arms) at GHQ. He was posted DG ISPR in June 2012 and promoted Lt Gen in Sept 2015.
6. Newly promoted Lt Gen Hamayun Aziz has been appointed Inspector General C&IT at GHQ.
7. Newly promoted Lt Gen Qazi Ikram has been appointed Chief of Logistic Staff at GHQ.
8. Newly promoted Lt Gen Sher Afgun has been posted 31 Corps Commander (Bahawalpur).
9. Newly Promoted Lt Gen Muhammad Afzal will continue as DG FWO.
10. Newly promoted Lt Gen Naeem Ashraf has been appointed Chairman Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT).
11. Lt Gen Naveed Mukhtar has been posted DG ISI.
12. Major General Fida Hussain appointed as DG ISPR
On Dec 9, seven major generals were promoted to lieutenant generals.
However, the name for the incoming Sindh Rangers DG has not yet been announced.