According to reports, a sudden fire erupted in a four story plaza of Guddi Bazar at Ganpat road at 2 O’clock and engulfed dozens of neighboring shops turned into ashes while 12 were injured, they have been shifted to hospital.
At least 17 fire tenders reached the spot late after fire was reported, owners of plaza said, otherwise a huge destruction of valuables worth millions could be prevented.
Fire brigade authorities believed that the fire erupted due to short circuit.
Fire brigade vans and local district administration are trying to put out fire however even after six hours the personnel has not been able to extinguish it. The local administration has suspended power supply in the area to avoid any unforeseen incident.