Lahore (Web desk): Turmeric has been used in Pakistan and other Asian countries as a spice, for medicinal purposes and as food. Turmeric root is taken and powdered before use.
Since the health benefits of turmeric are widely known, turmeric root is available in most grocery stores worldwide.
It is also available in other forms like capsules, tincture, fluid extracts and tea . Turmeric tea offers various health benefits. It could be great to soothe a sore throat , runny nose or relieve stress after a hard day’s work.
Here are the simple steps to make Turmeric Tea :
1. Take 4 cups of water and bring it to the boil.
2. Add 1 teaspoon turmeric .
3. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for at least 10 minutes.
4. Strain this using a fine sieve.
5. Add lemon for taste. (Not necessary)
A teaspoon of ginger can also be added to the turmeric tea . Another great addition can be cinnamon. Cinnamon has awesome health benefits and also use as sweetener.
However, grating fresh turmeric root each time you brew your tea can provide a richer flavor.