Pakistan’s severe retaliation foiled joint Indo-Israel attack: sources

Pakistan’s severe retaliation foiled joint Indo-Israel attack: sources

Lahore (Web Desk): Several Pakistani journalists have revealed that India and Israel were ready for a joint attack against Pakistan, however, the threat of massive retaliation staved off the strike a few days ago.


The journalist, while quoting official sources, said that the joint plan was thwarted due to the contact between the spy agencies of the South-Asian countries and threat of retaliation by the armed forces of Pakistan.

“High-level sources have informed us that there was a plan to attack 7-8 places in Pakistan from a base in Rajasthan, India. Pakistan had learnt that Israel was helping India in this plan and this was a joint plan of these countries,” senior journalist Hamid Mir revealed.

The seasoned journalist continued that after getting information about this attack, Pakistan’s security agencies warned their counterparts in India that Islamabad was ready and the retaliation, in that case, would be thrice as much.

Official sources also revealed that India was planning a second attack with missiles, however, Pakistan had sent a message to India indirectly that if there was an attack there would be a strong response.

The journalist while quoting sources revealed that presently, India and Pakistan were not in touch but indirectly there had been contacts between the security agencies of the two countries.

There was also contact on the night of February 27-28, Mir said and added that initially Saudi Arabia, Turkey and US were involved to defuse the tension, however, over the last two days, British Prime Minister Theresa May played crucial role for detente.

Moeed Pirzada also took to Twitter and confirmed that New Delhi’s plan was foiled after massive retaliation was ensured.

“Credible sources in Pakistani govt. confirm that Israelis were present in Rajasthan, as part of an Indian plan, on 27th Feb, to launch missile attacks against Pakistan. Pakistani Army & Intelligence alerted Govt. & Indians were warned of bigger response; Indians then called off,” Pirzada tweeted.

Mehreen Zahra Malik also confirmed the joint attack adding that ground attacks and terror incidents could disrupt the law and order situation.

“Karachi #Bahawalpur on high alert against #India attack; #Pakistan picked up on joint #India #Israel attack plan, they backed off after #Pakistan warned of retaliation; India wont try another airstrike but we fear ground attacks, terrorist hits: PM Khan in briefing to TV anchors,” Malik said in atweet.

Nasim Zehra, the author of From Kargil to the Coup, also dished in on the matter with more details that on Thursday, Pakistan’s spy agency anticipated Indo_Israel attack for which New Delhi had deployed Brahmos missiles as well.

“FailedIndoIsraelPannedAgrression: On evening of the joint parliament ISI got intel on Indian and Israeli combined plan to attack targets in Karachi and Bahawalpur. Indian brahmos missiles were deployed for the attack. 1/2," Nasim wrote on twitter.