PM Nawaz condemns Lahore blast

PM Nawaz condemns Lahore blast

Islamabad (APP): Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Wednesday condemned the blast incident in Lahore and expressed deep grief over the loss of precious lives.


According to a PM Office statement issued earlier the Prime Minister prayed to bless the departed souls with eternal peace while sympathising deeply with the families of the martyrs.

The premier paid rich tributes to the personnel of the Pakistan Army who were targeted while performing their duties during the national census.

Earlier on Wednesday morning, at least 6 persons were martyred while over 22 injured in a suicide bombing targeting a census team and accompanying security personnel on Lahore's Bedian Road, government and security officials said.

The martyred included four Army personnel, Punjab government spokesman Malik Ahmed Khan said, adding that between 14 to 15 people were injured in the explosion.

Punjab government spokesman confirmed that the blast was a suicide bombing.