Karachi (Staff Report): The fire erupted at a cloth warehouse in Karachi on Monday evening, has been extinguished after fourteen hours of efforts.
According to the officials, the third degree fire, had broken out at a 8000-square-feet cloth warehouse located in Karachi's SITE area. Around 13 containers were recently offloaded into the warehouse, no loss of life has been reported in the wake of incident.
Two fire tenders each from Karachi Port Trust and Pakistan Navy are also busy in putting out the fire.
Meanwhile, the owner of the factory, Haji Asif alleged that the warehouse was intentionally set ablaze saying his godown did not have an electricity connection and so there was no possibility of short circuiting.
He said the staff had gone out to have meal, when the blaze erupted.
Haji Asif claimed "Fire tenders arrived late and there was no machinery to destroy the wall of godown".