As per details, the incident took place in Red Zone area near Parliament and President House.
The China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) centre of excellence was also in the same building, and has burnt down along with its computers and important documents. The centre was built to keep the experts of both countries in contact with each other, and was inaugurated a year ago.
According to media reports, the fire erupted in the upper floors of the six-storey building, however, later officials said the fire began on the ground floor near an office of the Federal Tax Ombudsman. The record placed in the ombudsman's office was also said to have been completely destroyed.
The fire was reportedly caused by short-circuiting.