Karachi (Staff Report): At least six members of a family burnt to death when a van caught fire after its gas cylinder leaked on Sunday.

As per details, two families from Lasbela were on their way to Hawkesbay for picnic when the incident occurred while their vehicle was passing through the Garden area.

The deceased were identified as Mohammad Saleem, 45, Nelofer, 40, Abdul Hadi, 2, Shahyar, 14, Benish, 45 and Mehwish, 14.

On the other hand, police claimed the two cylinders fitted in the van are in “fine condition” and short-circuit probably the reason behind the inferno. The investigation is underway, they added.