SP Tahir's body to be handed over to Pakistan on Thursday: Shaukat Yousafzai

SP Tahir's body to be handed over to Pakistan on Thursday: Shaukat Yousafzai

Peshawar (Staff Report/Agencies): Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) information minister Shaukat Yousafzai on Wednesday said that the dead body of the slain Superintendent of Police (SP) Tahir Khan Dawar is expected to be handed over to Pakistani authorities on Thursday.

According to Yousafzai, a KP Police delegation had waited at the Torkham border crossing all the day but they were unsuccessful He did not mention the reason of the delay as the authorities were expecting to receive the dead body on Wednesday.

SP Dawar had gone missing from Islamabad on October 26 after leaving for a walk in Islamabad’s G-10 area where he lived with his family.

On October 27, his family received a text message sent from his mobile phone claiming that he was well and would be back home soon. The disappearance of Dawar was reported to the K-P police that contacted Islamabad police and an FIR was also lodged.

The Afghan foreign ministry also confirmed the recovery of Dawar’s body in a press release issued by the Foreign Office (FO) spokesperson’s office.

“The Afghan Ministry of Foreign Affairs has informed Pakistan Embassy in Kabul that a body was found by locals in Dur Baba district of Nangarhar Province, yesterday.The Afghan side has confirmed that the service card of Superintendent of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Police Tahir Khan Dawar has also been recovered with the body.”

After its handing over to the local police, the body was brought to Mohmand Dara district and is being transferred to Jalalabad by the Afghan authorities. The body is yet to be received by the Consul General of Pakistan in Jalalabad. It would be subsequently transferred to Pakistan via Torkham border after completion of necessary formalities,” the FO said.

The statement added that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is in close contact with the Afghan Embassy while the Pakistan Embassy in Kabul has also been in touch with the Afghan Foreign Ministry since last night.