Islamabad (Staff Report): Alleged land grabber Mansha Bomb was arrested from the Supreme Court (SC) premises on Monday.
The Islamabad police shifted the accused to Secretariat Police Station.
Earlier, the suspected land grabber arrived at the Supreme Court to surrender himself before Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar. Mansha and his sons are accused of illegally grabbing land in Johar Town area of Lahore.
The Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Justice Saqib Nisar had ordered the immediate arrest of the alleged land grabber, however, the authorities had failed to fulfil the court’s orders.
According to the Punjab police, at least 70 cases are registered against Mansha.
The absconding suspect reached the Supreme Court premises and demanded to meet the chief justice.
Mansha said that he had hidden from the police so that he could appear before CJP, adding that he would wait for the top judge.
Moreover, Bomb claimed that he had not illegally grabbed land. "I have not grabbed anyone's land and have documentary evidence to prove that the land I own belongs to my father," he said.
He added that 'false cases' had been created against him after his son contested the election on a Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) ticket.
"I am being treated unfairly and want justice to be done," he said claiming that the false cases were filed against him on former Punjab chief minister Shehbaz Sharif’s orders.
Speaking to media, Bomb said he avoided the police to come to the Supreme Court to meet the chief justice.
“I want to apprise the CJ of every detail pertaining to the case against me before I am arrested in order to avoid any proceedings initiated out of revenge.
An ATC had earlier issued arrest warrants for Mansha and his three sons in a case registered by Johar Town police on charges of attacking a team of the Lahore Development Authority (LDA).
According to the FIR, Mansha and his sons Faisal, Tariq and Asim, were accused of attacking an LDA team during an anti-encroachment operation in Johar Town area.
On Oct 4, an investigating officer told the court that the suspects had gone underground since the Supreme Court ordered a crackdown on land grabbers in Johar Town.
The investigation officer requested the court to issue warrants for the arrest of the suspects. The court issued warrants and directed the police to produce them on Oct 10.