Lahore (Web Desk): Lemon, a fruit popular for its therapeutic properties, is very rich in vitamin C, which revitalizes the skin to give it a healthy glow, improving your natural beauty. Lemons are also packed with bone-strengthening calcium, heart and nerve supporting potassium and magnesium and traces of sodium required for conductivity amongst cells in the body. One of the major health benefits of drinking lemon water is that it paves way for losing weight faster, thus acting as a great weight loss remedy.
A glass of lemon juice contains less than 25 calories. It is a rich source of nutrients like calcium, potassium, vitamin C and pectin fiber. It also has medicinal values and antibacterial properties. It also contains traces of iron and vitamin A.
Read on for more interesting benefits of lemon water.
1. Lemon is an excellent and rich source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies
2. Lemons contain pectin fiber which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial
3. It balances maintain the pH levels in the body
4. Having warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins
5. It aids digestion and encourages the production of bile
6. It is also a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
7. It helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases
8. It helps reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid
9. It helps cure the common cold
10. The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells
11. It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute
12. It helps balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver In case of a heart burn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief
13. It is of immense benefit to the skin and it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne
14. It helps maintain the health of the eyes and helps fight against eye problems
15. Aids in the production of digestive juices
16. Lemon juice helps replenish body salts especially after a strenuous workout session
Packed with all the goodness, make it a point to begin your day with a glass of warm lemon juice. Its cleansing and healing effects will have positive effects on your health in the long run.