Islamabad (Staff Report): The Foreign Office on Saturday released a list of Pakistani citizens missing after the terrorist attacks on two mosques in New Zealand.
According to Foreign Office spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal nine Pakistanis are missing since the attack on two Christchurch mosques that left at least 49 people dead.
The list shared by the FO is as follows:
1) Zeeshan Raza
2) Father of Zeeshan Raza
3) Mother of Zeeshan Raza
4) Haroon Mahmood, s/o Shahid Mehmood, mother’s name Sabiha Mahmood. Resident of Rawalpindi. Age: 40 years.
5) Sohail Shahid s/o Muhammad Shabbir. Born 6/01/1983. Age: 40 years
6) Syed Areeb Ahmed, s/o Ayaz Ahmed, m/n Tanzeem Fatima, r/o Karachi. Born 12-10-1992. Age 26 years.
7) Syed Jahanand Ali. Born 24/01/1985. Age: 34 years
8) Talha Naeem, m/n Shandana, r/o Abbottabad. Born 16/7/1997. Age 22 years.
9) Naeem Rashid, s/o Abdul Rashid, r/o Abbottabad.
List of Missing Pakistanis in NZ terrorism attack:
1) Mr Zeeshan Raza
2) Father of Mr Zeeshan Raza
3) Mother of Mr Zeeshan Raza
4) Mr Haroon mahmood, s/o, Mr shahid mehmood, mother’s name Ms sabiha mahmood, resident of rawalpindi born 29/7/1978, age 40yrs
1/2— Dr Mohammad Faisal (@DrMFaisal) March 16, 2019
Our Mission in New Zealand is trying to ascertain further details, Dr Faisal said.
As per latest details, two Pakistanis died in the attacks on two mosques.
According to sources, Naeem Rashid succumbed to his injuries on Friday night. He attempted to stop the white terrorist who opened fire at the Al Noor mosque. He hailed from Abbottabad.
Talha Naeem, Rashid's son, was also among those who died in the Al Noor Mosque mass shooting.
Earlier the FO had said that four Pakistani nationals were injured, while five were still missing after the horrific terrorist attacks.
The attack on the Al Noor and Linwood mosques, that left at least 49 people dead, has been labelled terrorism by Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern and is thought to be the deadliest attack directed against Muslims in the West in modern times.