Islamabad (Agencies): The foreign office on Monday said that Pakistan has called back its high commissioner in India for consultations in the aftermath of the Pulwama attack.
According to a tweet by Foreign Office spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal, "We have called back our high commissioner in India for consultations."
"He left New Delhi this morning," Dr Faisal added.
We have called back our HIgh Commissioner in India for consultations.
He left New Delhi this morning .— Dr Mohammad Faisal (@ForeignOfficePk) February 18, 2019
The already tense relations between the two countries further worsened after New Delhi blamed Islamabad for the Pulwama attack.
Pakistan strongly refuted the allegations.
On February 15, Pakistan had strongly rejected any insinuation that sought to link the attack to Pakistan without investigations.
“Attack in Pulwama in IoK is a matter of grave concern. We have always condemned heightened acts of violence in Valley. We strongly reject any insinuation by elements in Indian government and media circles that seek to link the attack to State of Pakistan without investigations,” FO Spokesperson Dr Faisal said in a tweet.
On Saturday, Foreign Secretary Tehmina Janjua met with the ambassadors from the European at the Foreign Office in Islamabad and underscored Pakistan’s position on the Pulwama attack in Indian occupied Kashmir.
The foreign secretary categorically rejected Indian government remarks of Pakistan’s involvement in the attack. She also raised the issue of gross human rights violations by the Indian occupation forces in occupied Kashmir.
Pakistan strongly condemned the continuing attacks on Kashmiris, in the aftermath of the Pulwama attack in Occupied Kashmir.
In a tweet on Saturday, Foreign Office (FO) spokesperson Dr. Mohammad Faisal said, Pakistan strongly condemns the continuing attacks on Kashmiris in the aftermath of the Pulwama attack.
He added that even the Kashmiri students are also being systemically targeted in India as the authorities stay complicit and inactive.
Some 44 Indian paramilitary personnel were killed last week when an explosives-packed van rammed a convoy transporting 2,500 security forces in Pulwama.
It is the deadliest attack on the Indian occupying forces in the held territory since September 2016 when 19 soldiers were killed in a pre-dawn raid on the Uri army camp.
India has an estimated 500,000 soldiers in occupied Kashmir.