Karachi / Peshawar / Lahore (Staff Report/Agencies): The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Pakistan on Saturday rose to 510.
In Sindh, another 28 patients tested positive and at least 40 new 'social contact' cases were identified. With the additional cases, the provincial tally soared to 245. Sindh Health Minister Dr Azra Fazal Pechuho has also confirmed the death of a 77 year old COVID-19 patient in the province.
Balochistan Chief Minister Jam Kamal Khan has confirmed 60 fresh cases of the contagious disease in the province, pushing the total tally to 76. Later, the provincial health ministry reported the positive patients of COVID-19 81.
So far total tests of PCSIR : 353
Positive so far PCSIR : 60
Total :16+60=76— Jam Kamal Khan (@jam_kamal) March 19, 2020
“As of Thursday 14 people have been tested positive of the virus in Lahore, 4 in Gujrat and 60 Zaireen (DG Khan 55, Multan 5),” said Punjab government spokesperson Musarrat Cheema in a tweet.
Time: 5:00 PM
Confirmed Cases: 78
14 in Lahore, 4 in Gujrat, 60 Zaireen (DG Khan 55, Multan 5)
Under treatment: 78
Total test: 398
Zaireen in DGK tested = 220#PakistanFightsCoronaMarch 19, 2020
Meanwhile, the interior ministry announced the closure of some major public dealing offices and businesses for 15 days starting Friday as part of the measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
According to a notification issued by the Ministry of Interior, the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) and passport offices will remain closed for public dealing initially for a period of 15 days as a precautionary and preventive measures against the spread of the disease.
The ministry directed the authorities concerned to take necessary steps to extend the validity period of computerized national identity cards for locals as well as overseas Pakistanis and passports that might be expiring during the closure period.
Moreover, the excise and taxation office, property dealing office, beauty parlors, saloons would also remain close for the same period, it said.
The ministry also directed the restaurants and shopping malls to close latest by 2200 hours.
However, the restaurants and food outlets would be allowed to continue their delivery and takeaway services beyond the said time.