Lahore (Staff Report): Bank will start receiving Hajj applications under the Government Hajj Scheme 2019 from Monday, February 25.
Applicants would be able to submit their forms to 14 designated banks until March 6.
The computerised balloting will be held on March 8.
About 200,000 Pakistani pilgrims will perform Hajj this year as Saudi Arabia had announced to increase Pakistan’s Hajj quota.
According to Hajj policy 2019, expenses for Hajj will be divided into two zones. Expenses for the northern zone would be Rs436,975 and for the southern zone would be Rs427,975. The government will provide Rs45,000 subsidy per Hajji.
The cabinet was informed that 184,210 Pakistanis will perform Hajj this year and applications would be accepted from 20 February. 60 per cent of the Hajj quota would be allocated to the government with the remaining 40 per cent for private operators.
People of 80 years and above will be able to perform Hajj without any draw. People who have been unsuccessful for three consecutive years will also not be required to enter the draw.