Sialkot (Staff Report/Agencies): At least four Pakistani civilians were martyred and six others were wounded as Indian forces resorted to unprovoked mortar shelling along the Line of Control (LoC) on Wednesday.
As per details, the casualties came as a result of “intense and indiscriminate” shelling, which began at about 5:30pm simultaneously in Kotli, Bhimber and Poonch districts of the AJK.
Pakistani border forces also retaliated after aggression by India and up till now more than five Indian soldiers have suffered injuries along with heavy damage to their military installations as confirmed by Indian media itself. Pakistan targeted Indian soldiers in Kashmir’s Poonch, Rajouri and Jammu district.
The development comes hours after Indian Air Force fighter jets violated the Line of Control before being scared away by the Pakistan Air Force.
Earlier, Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Director General Major General Asif Ghafoor rubbished Indian claims of remaining in Pakistani airspace for 21 minutes.
"They are claiming that they remained in the Pakistani airspace for 21 minutes and killed 350 terrorists. They claim that the second strike was in Muzaffarabad and the third in Chakothi,” said Pakistan army spokesperson said and warned, "Allah almighty is the greatest and we should not make tall claims, but come and try to spend 21 minutes in Pakistani airspace."
"Last night, our radars were observing them. They had earlier come closer to our border but did not cross it. Last night, their first visibility was observed near the Sialkot and Lahore border. They were seen approaching the border. Our Combat Air Patrol team approached and challenged them. They did not cross."
"We will respond differently and we will surprise you (India)," he said.
"Not even a single brick or debris is present there. They are claiming 350 deaths. Even had there been 10 casualties, there would be blood, funeral prayers, injuries," ISPR DG said.