Tehran (Online): Iranian foreign ministry said that Iran will ban Americans from entering the country in response to President Donald Trump´s "disrespectful" order limiting arrivals from Iran and six other Muslim states.
The ministry said in a statement, "The Islamic Republic of Iran... has decided to respond in kind after the insulting decision of the United States concerning Iranian nationals."
Earlier on Friday, US President Trump signed an executive order to suspend refugee arrivals and impose strict actions on commuters from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen.
Iran´s foreign ministry called the decision "illegal, illogical and contrary to international rules".
It said its own ban on US nationals would continue until the American measure was lifted.
It said it had ordered Iranian diplomatic missions to help Iranians who had been "prevented from returning to their homes and places of work and study" in the United States.
Tehrani travel agents said that foreign airlines had begun halting Iranians from US-bound flights.