Islamabad (Staff Report): Afghanistan's envoy to Pakistan Omar Zakhilwal has rejected Pak Army’s claims that the security forces killed at least 50 Afghan soldiers in retaliation to the Chaman cross-border attack.
On Sunday, Inspector General Frontier Corps (FC) Major General Nadeem Ahmed claimed that at least 50 Afghan security personnel were killed and about 100 other were injured as Pakistani forces retaliated to unprovoked firing by Afghan border forces on security personnel in Balochistan's Chaman area last week.
The IG FC told a news conference that at least 10 people including an FC personnel and women, children were killed and 47 others injured when Afghan forces targeted troops guarding a census team in Chaman on Friday.
“Afghan forces entered Pakistan and occupied houses to take position and launch an attack,” he said and added that Pakistan was targeted despite that the Afghan side was well informed of the ongoing census activity.
The FC Balochistan chief said four or five check posts were also destroyed when Pakistani border guards retaliated to the cross-border attack.