Gaza (Web Desk/Agencies): Gaza health ministry shared the latest update on the death toll from Israeli attacks, saying that the casualties swelled to 15,207 after the fighting resumed in the besieged enclave.
It further stated that 40,000 people have been wounded in the attacks while 70 per cent of the victims were women and children.
"Israel deliberately targeted 130 health institutions and put 20 hospitals out of service while about 280 health personnel were killed across Gaza," the statement added.
The ministry expressed risk of deaths of those wounded in large numbers every day due to a lack of treatment options in Gaza hospitals.
“The process of evacuating the wounded through the Rafah Border Crossing is progressing very slowly, and we are losing a number of wounded individuals daily due to the lack of available treatment for them,” the ministry said.
It is pertinent to mention that after the 7-day temporary ceasefire between Israel and Hamas, the Israeli army continues to bombard Gaza again, 240 Palestinians have been martyred in two days.
In an attempt to spread the scope of the war in the region, they also attacked the suburbs of Damascus, the capital of Syria, and the Lebanese border.
The Palestinian health ministry says that since the end of truce on Friday, 240 people have been martyred in the Gaza Strip.
In a statement, the ministry said hundreds of airstrikes and naval bombardments across the Gaza Strip injured another 650 people, adding that Israeli forces specifically targeted Khan Yunis, where dozens of houses were destroyed. Destroyed while people were inside their homes.
According to international media reports, under aerial bombardment from Israel, people sheltering in the south of the Gaza Strip after fleeing their homes earlier in the military offensive have said they have nowhere safe to go now.
The city of Khan Younis is the focus of Israeli air strikes and artillery fire after fighting resumed on Friday following the collapse of a week-long truce. Its population has swelled in recent weeks as several hundred thousand people from the northern Gaza Strip have fled south.
Some are camping in tents, others in schools. Some are sleeping in stairwells or outside the few hospitals operating in the city.
On the other hand, Israel has ordered its Mossad negotiating team in Doha to return to Israel due to what it called an “impasse”, Al Jazeera reports.
“Following the impasse in the negotiations and at the direction of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, David Barnea, head of the Mossad, ordered his team in Doha to return to Israel,” Netanyahu’s office has said in a statement.
It said that Hamas “did not fulfil its part of the agreement, which included the release of all children and women according to a list that was forwarded to Hamas and approved by it”.
“The head of the Mossad thanks the head of the Central Intelligence Agency, the Egyptian minister of intelligence and the prime minister of Qatar for their partnership in the tremendous mediation efforts that led to the release of 84 children and women from the Gaza Strip in addition to 24 foreign citizens,” it added.