Bomb, gun attack in Afghanistan claims at least 16 lives

World 
Bomb, gun attack in Afghanistan claims at least 16 lives

Kabul (Agencies): At least 16 people were killed after multiple blasts rattled eastern Afghanistan’s Jalalabad early Wednesday, officials said.


“Two attackers detonated their vests, and two more were gunned down by security forces,” provincial spokesman Attaullah Khogyani told the media, saying that at least 16 people had been killed.

“Armed suicide bombers attacked and managed to enter the building of a private construction company early this morning," said Nangarhar Provincial council member Zabihullah Zmarai.

"A number of civilian workers of the company have been killed,” he added.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.