Lahore (Web Desk): The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) in a memo issued requested Director-General (DG) of Directorate Electronic Media and Publications (DEMP) to submit copies of ex-prime minister Nawaz Sharif's speeches and televised interviews of his sons and daughter.
NAB request records in regard to the investigation against the former premier and his family pertaining to the Avenfield Properties in London.
The sources reported that among the list of records required to be submitted by December 26 are two of Sharif's speeches, one to the country and the other to the National Assembly, as well as interviews of Hussain, Hassan, and Maryam Nawaz with local and international media outlets.
Following is the list of records demanded in its entirety:
1. Interview of Hussain Nawaz with Mr. Hamid Mir in program Capital Talk aired by Geo News on 19-01-2016,
2. Address to Nation by ex-Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on 05-04-2016,
3. Address to National Assembly by ex-Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on 16-05-2016,
4. Interview of Hassan Nawaz Sharif with Tim Sibastian (Tim Sebastian) in program Hard Talk aired on BBC in November 1999,
5. Interview of Hussain Nawaz Sharif by Javed Chaudhary aired by Express TV on 07-03-2016, (and)
6. Conversation of Maryam Nawaz with Sana Bucha in program Lekin aired by Geo News/TV on 08-11-2011.
As per the document, signed by Khawar Ilyas, the additional director for DG NAB Lahore, the Authority has requested DG DEMP "to direct [a] concerned officer to appear before Combined Investigation Team (CIT) NAB Lahore at NAB Complex, Thokar Niaz Baig, Lahore, along with certified copies of the relevant records/soft copies on 26-12-2017".