Beijing (Web Desk): At least seven children have been stabbed to death and ten others were injured on their way home from school in northern China, in one of the deadliest such attacks, Chinese media reported.
According to details, the 28-year-old suspect, named only as Zhao from Zhaojiashan village, was arrested and the injured children were taken to hospital, Mizhi County’s public security bureau in Shaanxi province said.
7 children died, another 12 injured after being attacked after school in Mizhi, NW China's #Shaanxi province on Friday; The suspect has been detained and the injured are receiving treatment at hospital, the local government said pic.twitter.com/ap3VYiDMBL— People's Daily,China (@PDChina) April 27, 2018
Police officials reported that seven girls and two boys were killed. The children’s ages were not disclosed, but middle schoolers in China are usually aged between 12 and 15. However the deceased and injured have been shifted to the hospital and suspect has also been arrested.
The suspect, who is a local resident of the area, told the authorities that he had been bullied when he was a pupil at the school, had hated his classmates and decided to use a dagger to kill people.
Mass stabbings are not uncommon in China and its ratio is increasing with time.
The story is originally published by ‘the Guardian’