Islamabad (Staff Report/Agencies): Prime Minister Imran Khan will address the nation on Thursday (today) as Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s (PTI) government completes its first 100 days.
The premier will take the nation into confidence during his address at Convention Centre, where a ceremony will be held to mark the PTI’s 100 days in power.
In May, the PTI chief had unveiled a 100-day agenda ahead of the General Elections 2018. The plan comprised of six themes:
1. Transformation in governance: by bringing accountability to the centre of the government, empowering people at the grassroots, depoliticising police, accessible justice, reforms in civil services.
2. The revitalisation of economic growth: job creation, facilitating small and medium enterprises sector, PM’s five million houses scheme, boosting the tourism industry, tax reforms, CPEC, and others.
3. Revolutionising social services: prioritising health and education sector, championing women empowerment, providing clean water and promoting green.
4. Strengthening the federation: the consolidating the integration of ex-Federally Administered Tribal Areas (Fata) with Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (K-P), reconciliation in Balochistan, the creation of South Punjab province, the transformation of Karachi and poverty alleviation.
5. Ensuring the country’s national security: increasing Pakistan’s regional and global relevance, leveraging foreign policy to strengthen the economy, forming a national security organisation, enhancing internal security and expanding institutional structure.
6. Uplifting agriculture and water conservation: subsidising, revamping and upgrading policies.
October, the government had launched a website aimed to track its 100-days plan in office to facilitate transparency regarding the government’s progress and agenda.