Kabul (Agencies): At least three foreign soldiers were killed as a suicide bomber attacked on a patrol in eastern Afghanistan on Sunday, Nato's mission in the country said in a statement.
"Three Resolute Support service members were killed by a suicide bomber during a combined, dismounted patrol with Afghan forces in eastern Afghanistan," the statement read.
A US member of the patrol and two Afghan soldiers were wounded, it said, without giving the nationality of those killed.
The attack by a lone bomber on foot happened at 6am in the city of Charikar in Parwan province some 60 kilometres north of Kabul, said provincial governor's spokesman Wahida Shahkar.
The Taliban in a statement claimed responsibility.
The US-led Nato force ended its combat mission in Afghanistan in 2014 and pulled out the bulk of its troops. A 16,000-strong residual force remains for training and counter-terrorism operations.
Last month a US soldier was killed and two others wounded in an "apparent insider attack" in southern Afghanistan, Nato said.